Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Shameless Plug

Hey everyone!

This is my first post to this particular blog and yes, I am using it as the afore-mentioned "shameless plug". I figured since it has to do with localities (spelling?) and you are reading this blog because you want to know all about them (nudge, nudge) that I would use this opportunity to make you aware of a particularly cool event happening this Saturday.

Most of you may be aware of the Downtown Phoenix Public Market held every Saturday (and Wednesday) at the corner of Central and McKinley. This upcoming Saturday November 1st, Slow Food Phoenix (which Jen and I are very proud to be members of; check them out at slowfood.com and slowfoodphoenix.org- yes another shameless plug I apologize) in conjunction with the Phoenix Permaculture Guild is hosting the Annual Mesquite Milling Event at the market and would love for all of you to be there! If you happen to have some mesquite pods lying around, bring them and we will have them milled for you or will provide you with some tasty recipes as well as yummy samples so you can taste what this native Arizona plant has to offer.

Hope to see you there!